The area consist of the counties that border the Hudson River on the east and west bank. This area is called the Hudson River Valley section of New York State. The counties include Dutchess, Ulster, Westchester, Putnam, Rockland and Orange. We also welcome members from surrounding counties in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
Henry Hudson stated “Explore the Dream and Discover the Future” while sailing on his ship the Half Moon. The Westchester section dreamed of becoming a chapter and they did in 2006. The chapter will explore each dream and discover the future step by step.
Chapter Mission Statement
The Hudson River Valley ASSP chapter is an association providing the professional development and representation for those engaged in the practice of safety, health and the environment. The chapter will hold eight meetings and two social meetings on the topics that will provide education and services to the private and public sectors.
Chapter Vision Statement
The vision of the Hudson River Valley chapter is to be the premier organization and resource for those in the practice of protecting people, property and the environment, and to lead the profession globally.
- Establish, promote and recognize standards of professional practice.
- Advocate positions on regulations and legislation
- Establish relationships with OSHA Outreach programs to enhance safety and health in the region.
- Establish and maintain effective and efficient organization by reaching out to other safety, health, quality councils in the region to achieve the Society’s mission
- Gather, encourage and participate in the development of the body of knowledge relevant of the profession
- Develop and maintain mechanisms to recruit, retain and nurture membership
- Deliver the highest quality professional development opportunities to enhance competence and to position practitioners for success
- Establish and maintain a structured program to recruit and retain and nurture student members.